We all have heard about New Year resolutions to eat healthier and lose weight, but our body may not be the only thing needing a rejuvenation for the new year. I love my house and all its cute little features, but sadly I don’t have much closet space to store all of my clothes and shoes. So, in an effort to clean up/out for the New Year, I discovered a few tips to keep my closet organized and utilize more space.
- Establish a focus area – For me, most of the clothes I wear during the week for work I have hanging up. By keeping these clothes together and located in one area, it makes getting dressed in the morning a lot easier.
- Invest in clear binds – Instead of having clothes thrown on the shelf in the closet, I purchased clear plastic binds to store my clothes in. Since they are clear, I am able to see exactly what is inside each bind and keep the shelf neat and organized.
- Build up with shoe racks – Like most women, I love shoes but they can take up so much space in the closet. By storing shoes on a shoe rack, space can be tripled to utilize as much space as possible.
- Multi-use for hangers – Hangers don’t only have to be used for clothes, they can also create a great way to organize belts, scarves, and bags. I also like to hang more than one item on a hanger to eliminate the number of hangers needed.
- Donate/sell old clothes – When closet space is limited the easiest way to create more space is to get rid of clothes and shoes you are no longer using. I love to trade my clothes at consignment shops for newer items and donate them to charity which is also beneficial as a tax write-off.
What are some ways you like to keep your closet neat and clean?