Hey Roadies! March is here, and it’s time to kick it into high gear getting ready for Spring Break. While it’s great to continue your regular workout routine and see the same results, there are other ways to challenge yourself to attain more. Check out these tips below on how to own your next workout:
- Stay hydrated – These long Winter months can be cold and dry and put a damper on our immune system. It’s important to stay hydrated throughout the day to avoid fatigue and muscle cramps during your workout. Water can also help with recovery and give you more energy to conquer your next workout.
- Get enough rest – Getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night can have a huge effect on your performance at the gym. I usually have to wake up around 5:30 am during the week, so have enough energy throughout the day and during my workout depends on how much sleep I got the night before.
- Eat the right carbs at the right time – I know, I know. Carbs are the devil and should be avoided as much as possible. But, there are actually some good carbs like broccoli, avocado, and spinach that are good for your workout routine. Eating a few low-carb vegetables an hour before your workout will give you a boost of energy needed to crush any workout.
- Push yourself, but not too hard – Developing a routine to workout can be tough, and some days we would much rather hit up happy hour than do one more burpee. But, no pain, no gain, right? So, on those sluggish days try to stay focused on getting the most you can out of the workout. Concentrate on what your body needs in the present, and your body will thank you later.
- Feel good about your progress – When it’s all said and done, we never regret getting in a great workout. Over time you will have more energy, sleep better, and look better in your clothes. Make sure to set mini goals and celebrate your short-term achievements.
What are some of the ways your like to challenge yourself to reach new fitness goals?