After a long day, there is nothing more that I love than hopping into my bed and snuggling under the covers…but wait, we can’t forget the most important part of the day! Remembering to take off the day by removing makeup and dirt from the skin is critical to keeping skin clean and clear. Our skin is exposed to so many elements every day (rain, smog, cold, sun, etc.), so we have to make an effort to take care of it. I like to follow just a few steps to prepare my skin for bed:
- Remove makeup – I always like to remove my makeup with a wipe before I go to sleep even if I don’t have time to use any other products. I really love these Simple Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes that attract dirt and makeup to make sure everything is completely removed. Eye makeup like mascara and eye liner can be a lot harder to remove and may take an additional cleaning agent to take off. Neutrogena Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads work really well to remove any eyeshadow and eyelash glue remnants to give you a fresh face.
- Wash face – Actually washing your face with a cleanser is an even better way to ensure your skin is free of all impurities. I like to use Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser because the smooth, gentle formula provides a deeper cleaning to the skin without drying it out.
- Face mask – Once a week, I like to apply a face mask for at least 10 minutes to help me relax and detox my skin. The Collagen and Vitamin C Moisturizing Face Mask helps to hydrate, tone and brighten the skin for a natural glow. Who doesn’t love glistening skin?
- Lip scrub – Having a clean face is not complete without also focusing on the lips. My favorite lip scrub is the All Natural Vegan Coconut Lip Scrub which gently exfoliates the lips while moisturizing with avocado oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond oil. This product will leave your lips feeling smoother than a baby’s bottom.
- Moisturize – You can’t forget the last, but probably most important step in your night time routine to moisturize your skin. I like to apply the Eva Naturals Skin Clearing Serum with anti-aging and vitamin C antioxidants to penetrate deep under the skin to fight breakouts and tighten my skin while I sleep. Lastly, the skin care routine isn’t complete without the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion to moisturize and seal in all the work we just did.
What is your night time skin care routine? Sweet dreams roadies!